Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Tournament Results

I played my first tournament since working with Aisling.  The result, I finished runner up in the 4.0 division.  I can't find the right words to say how happy I am.  I can only say the result was all due to the coaching I received.  I improved in every category - movement, racquet skills, targets, alertness,  focus, and most importantly nerves.  Even my cardio has improved.  I played long rallies and winning most of them.  The difference between winning and losing the finals came down to endurance.  With a fantastic start and staying tough against a much younger opponent I pushed the match to 4 games winning the first firmly.  The lost came down to a lack of energy and endurance for to me what would be a grueling 3 days of matches.  The two biggest takeaway are the much more rigorous warmup I undertook to keep my muscles warm, feet agile, mind alert, and nerves managed, and to win the tournament I need to manage my nutrition during the multiple days of matches in order to have the strength to win the final.

No comments: